Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grandma's Halloween Party

Every year my Mother-in-law has a Halloween party. The kids all get dressed up and get to show their costumes off to Grandma and Grandpa. Here are all 13 grand kids (plus Mark holding Jacob). From the left is Brenden (not dressed up) Eastyn (farmer) Tyrelle (pig) Haiden (football player) Natalie (ballerina) Emily (Snow White) Colten (Spiderman) Kianna (Diva) Maeson (Spiderman) Lyndon (Power Ranger) Andrew (frog) Jacob (lion) and Kaylee (Hermione Granger)One other highlight of the Halloween party is the food. We make nasty looking food and come up with weird names for them. Here are the bug rolls:
The Skinned Rats & Bones



And a picture of the rest of the meal that included bloody popcorn, puss, vomit, dog food, monster eyes, mold, diaper dump, fungus, and blue brains. I tried everything except for the diaper dump. It looked so bad that I could not bring myself to try it and gagged when my bro-in-law did eat it.
The Halloween party is always the highlight of October and the kids look forward to it every year! Thanks to my mother-in-law for another great party!




6 comments:

Teresa said...

What a fun tradition! Your kids will always remember the parties at Grandma's. I love the menu????

Dawn said...

What a great idea nad fun way to spend time with your family!!!

amy welch said...

That food still has my stomach turning! Looks like a fun night.

Jonathan and Cheri said...

November is 2/3 over and no posts yet? Come on - get with it ;) And take the 'word verification; off already! =)

David and Cess Hennessey said...

Like, what else is there to say? Does this sound like a valley girl? No, I have not turned female, just a bit of what some think Californian. Hahahha. How is everyone? Help, I lost your numbers. Mine is 951-201-6833. Dave Hennessey

Jonathan and Cheri said...

You have been awarded a blog award - you have to read more about it on my web site =)